2010-08-05

Umphrey's 2X2

Day 1 - August 7th (21st UM show)
Umphrey's played in Jersey at The Stone Pony in Asbury Park!

Umphrey's went on stage around 7:30 which sucked because I didn't get to listen to them play into my Birthday! But it's all Good!! At the end of the show I once again met Kris Meyers (UM's drummer) He is the man and he signed my ticket!

The set they played was amazing! Instrumentally the guys jammed out a cover of Bruce Springsteen's 'I'm on Fire' from an instrumental Billy Joel's 'Stranger!' It was so sick!!!
Later on they performed The Who's, 'Eminence Front'

Umphrey's Mcgee ended the show with 'August.' I was hoping to have heard this song August 1st but 6 days later is not too bad!

Set 1
Sociable Jimmy, Walletsworth, Eat> Nemo> Eat, In the Kitchen> Stranger> I'm on Fire> In the Kitchen, Uncommon, 1348
Set 2
Dump City, Roulette, Kula, Blue Echo, Keefer, Techno Echo, Booth Love, Search 4, Eminence Front, The Linear, Kimble, Hangover,
Encore: August

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 2 - August 8th (23 Birthday) (22 UM show)
Umphrey's performed in Atlantic City at the House of Blues in the Showboat hotel.
I don't think I could have planned this day better then it worked out.
Since Umphrey's came on stage at 10 p.m. they played till 1! It was great

The best part of the show is when Umphrey's Performed my favorite Pink Floyd Song 'Young Lust,' Which is the one song by pink floyd I have always wanted to hear Umphrey's perform. Great Birthday Present! In the middle of Hurt Bird Bath UM Played a little Rage Against the Machine!

Umphrey's Ended the show with 'Reelin' in the Years' a cover by Steely Dan which was the perfect birthday song!

Set 1
Brideless, Resolution Alex's House, The Crooked One, Made to Measure, Bad Poker, Young Lust
Set 2
Pay the Snucka, Hurt Bird Bath, The Floor, Turn & Dub, Uncle Wally, Pay the Snucka, Much Obliged, Bridgeless
Encore: Reelin' In The Years

Later that night after the show I ran into Ryan Stasik (UM's basist) Stasik was playing some roulette...Later that night I won $100 played roulette back in my hotel the Harrah's. We didn't go to bed till like 5a.m. and YES I still made it to work just on time!

***Special thanks for everyone who helped celebrate my 23rd! It was a great night!***

1 comment:

  1. happy birthday, glad you had fun

    get me a copy of the stranger-->i'm on fire please!!

    oh also, pretty sure reelin in the years in steely dan and not rod stewart.

    either way great times for your bday, glad you rocked it.

    -mk

    ReplyDelete

Hula Helix

Hula Helix
*stolen*

ALO

ALO
SummerCamp 10

Crawfish Fest

Crawfish Fest
2010

Grace Potter

Grace Potter
allgood2010